Thursday, May 3, 2012

sim girls first outing

Headed out with SIM girls (Insert millions of hearts) right after lecture today to town for a celebration meal as we have successfully completed our first CA assignments in this entire diploma course. Initial plan was strictly pancakes but we had a change of mind, so we ended up in popeyes + ben & jerry for a good catch up bonding session. The girls were hilarious, I had such a good time with these girls (Stephanie, Stefanie, Wanqi, Alicia and Marcella - my new blogging way-too-gorgeous buddy, do drop by her blog).

Some camwhore Photos from : stephanie's iphone because we were so bored while waiting for marcella and wanqi to return from their 'cathay tour'. One of the good points about being quite tall is that my hands are long enough to take four-people photos HAHA.




Lately, there were quite a few comments from others and my SIM friends saying that I always use the 'F' word. I got to admit that back in secondary school, it is a norm for almost everyone to say so so I don't think that it really matters. 'F' word became an adjective in my dictionary and not a vulgar because I'm so used to hearing people say it and using it myself. I don't feel that it is vulgar. I can still clearly remember how much I cut down in the vulgar words I used in lower sec because my parents couldn't take it  despite that they doted on me so much that they tried to go along with whatever I think because they believe I was undergoing the rebellious stage. So in the end, we made a deal that 'Fuck' is still acceptable but not too much.

Then I was telling someone what others told me, and he said :
Society is like this, they expect you to put your best behaviour at all times, they judge you yet they never do that to themselves. Instead of fighting against them, it's just a word, why not just forgo and go with the flow?

Now, I'm turning 17 soon, I want to make a change and try to change my habit so I shall reduce the number of times I scold (because even I think that I'm using a bit way too much after reflecting). Besides, this was my second flaw that people have feedbacked to me. Therefore, I shall only use it when I'm extremely angry. For my own good. But I still believe that even though 'fuck' may be a crude word to the society, it is still a word that makes a sentence more colourful especially when you are on the roof.

'Fucking is a word that you can put in any fucking where of this fucking sentence and it still makes fucking sense'. - Twitter.

See, it's just so easy for it to fit in any sentence.
It is not going to be easy to kick off a habit that I have kept for so long and I have this really strong feeling that I will probably never be able to cut off completely from using this word. BUT I am determined to reduce in the times I used after so many feedbacks and incidents.
It is a tough challenge but ..


Anyway, I woke up with my right eye red today (it was the first time that my eye was red). And being a novice in wearing monthly contacts, I texted cynthia for advice and I was probably making a big fuss out of it but I am afraid of my eye being red. Although it was no longer red in about an hour or so, I decided to go out without my contacts. Up till now, my eyes are still a lil dry and I lost my one and only bottle of eye drops. Thank goodness there isn't a must to wear contacts for the next few days so I can probably let my eyes take a break.

Been relying a lot on contacts lately.


Have a good rest, everybody, TGIF,
hugs and kisses,
yvo.