Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I think I love you better now

A new start. I think I will like this change, for once.

The previous blog was full of negative vibes and I couldn't help but wish to avoid.
So I created yv-o, hopefully to shake off all those negative vibes and be a happier person.
You can never be happy if you always surround yourself with negative vibes right? Unless you are someone who is way too positive that not a single soul can affect your mood.

Here's something about me and I doubt anyone will find it surprising when I admit the fact that I am always overthinking. I am someone who easily feel crushed and defeated therefore I couldn't handle criticises because I will let them eat me up alive. I feel insecure every now and then, a bit too often infact. Always questioning myself, why am I always not good enough, always bearing in mind that I will never be the best.

Then I realise, I miss out a lot in life because half of my every single day is spent in sadness and self pitying which I am sick of. Self pitying myself that I'm not good enough, isn't going to make my life any better. People judge, people gonna hate, and even I label myself.

I think it's really impossible for us to stop questioning ourselves, to stop feeling insecure. We have so much to care about : Appearances, relationships, family studies, friends and the list goes on. But the way we treat our insecurity is the key that differenciate us. You can either continue to doubt yourself, believe in all the harsh words that other people say, list down all the flaws that you have and ignore all your good points or accept the fact that you will never be good enough and that you will always be insecure, but do something about it to change this negative mindset to a positive one.

I used to be in the the first category. When I asked my bestfriend 'what is my flaw?' she replied me 'You are always too emo'. I was very much a wet blanket back then, always splashing people with my negative vibes when they are all hyped up. It was really a tough time, when you constantly feel like if you stop fighting, everyone will stop loving you because you are not worth them remembering, because you are just simply not good enough and you are too boring. I didn't feel accepted in the society, I didn't feel like my friends put me as a priority.
I have been sad for too long. I'm sick of being sad and tired.
My perspective of view changed. I was set free from my own heart, living anew. Never been happier in my entire life. Judgmental opinions, legitimate or not, boundaries of what the society want us to be, accompanied with all my flaws were encrypted in my heart and all these shaped me. But can't you see, all is different now. 
Impressions that other people had for me used to matter so much to me, and I made a big deal out of it because sometimes I get so irritated and frustrated. Everyone has flaws. But now, I just want to let go of my hands of things that I held on too tightly. I just want to dream and achieve all my dreams. I just want to work hard, do what I love, accept what other people opinions are with an open heart and filter them out to see which really benefit me in a way that I can change for the better and collect all the pieces of confidence that broke two years ago.

A change is all we need, be redeemed. You may find your best potential when you surrender all. Instead of holding everything so tightly within yourself, write your sadness down on sand and carve all your dreams on the stones. 

I've been happy lately. And this has lasted for weeks.
Not that there are no more problems, in fact I still face almost the same problems,
but one thing that I learn
is to always cherish what you have, treasure family and friends around me, be thankful and flood yourself with positive mindset.

May, please let the good things come in my way, while I try my best to fight off these insecurity and negative vibes that I have been holding on for years.
Feels good that I get it off my chest, sharing what was bothering me all these while, appreciating lil things, and feel happy.