Saturday, May 5, 2012

just a thought

Channel 5 was showing 'Order of the phonex' today, like usual I watched it, can't wait for tomorrow show. It is always that good, no matter how many times I watch it.
If I didn't remember wrongly, the first movie of Harry Potter was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and it came out in 2001. I was still in primary school. So back then, harry potter to me was just a movie that was magical, a movie that people would always talk about whenever it was going to be released. The only thing that I knew back then was .. Hogwarts is the most beautiful school that I would ever want to go to.

Then, as I grew up, few more movies of harry potter accompanied me. That's when I find that harry potter movie is more than just magical. Behind all these movies, values of life are hidden in them. Now, I am not envious of just the school, but more of the friendship that hermione, ron and harry potter share.

Like usual, harry potter, hermione and ron would always impress me with their skills, courage and friendship. I love hermione in the entire series and all the while, hermione was my role model. She was always so strong, smart, knowledgeable, standing up for her friends and brave.

Then, today, luna lovegood caught my attention.

She was really weird in the show but in a lovable way. She is different from hermione. Hermione is a character that was created to let us know that even from a humble background, we can achieve so much as long as we try hard, and all the sacrifices she made was for the better. I love her because she would motivate me to always do better, and how I can succeed in whatever I do one day. Luna lovegood on the other hand, was about how different she was, and how she treated other people opinions in a positive way. She was not afraid of being who she really was which I can relate when I feel that I'm weird, I'm not good enough, I have to change to be like someone else who is much better than me. Throughout the whole show, luna lovegood made me feel positive. 

Whenever I lose my stuff, I would have a panic attack and it would make everybody around me even more nervous, worried and scared, even when it was just a pen that I lost. And if someone actually took my belongings on purpose, I would go crazy and not like how Luna coped with such a cheerful mindset.

(From Harry potter and the order of Phoenix)
Harry Potter: How come you're not at the feast?
Luna Lovegood: I've lost all my possessions. Apparently people have been hiding them.
Harry Potter: That's awful!
Luna Lovegood: Oh, it's all good fun. But as this is the last night, I really do need them back.
Harry Potter: Do you want any help finding them?
Luna Lovegood: I'm sorry about your godfather, Harry.
[clasps his hand comfortingly]
Harry Potter: Are you sure you don't want any help looking?
Luna Lovegood: That's all right. Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end.
[they look up and see a pair of her shoes hanging from the ceiling arch]
Luna Lovegood: If not always in the way we expect.

Love how unique she is. She reminded me something that require a lot of courage to do so but definitely worth it at the end of the day : be yourself and don't live in the shadows of others.

Am going to end this post with something that I found from tumblr that explained perfectly why I love harry potter and all the things I've learnt throughout all these movies.

Such a pity that harry potter has come to an end. 
Can't imagine in forty years down the road, what are the kids going to think about harry potter?