Saturday, July 14, 2012

Au Petit Salut

Went to Au Petit Salut for my belated birthday dinner last Saturday with two beloved ones. Mas decided to bring me to this french restaurant situated at Dempsey Hill because she knows foie gras has always been one of my faves. (Photos were taken using phones)

So obviously we had foie gras as our starters. I was so disappointed when my brother told me that The steakhouse (at clarke quay) has changed their menu because I love the foie gras over there. But now, I'm so glad and happy that we have found a better one actually. It was so delicious, crispy on the outside and melted instantly in my mouth. A mouth of the foie gras accompanied with tiny pieces of sweet strawberry, sour melon and the salted veggie, the burst of flavours were indescribable. 

 I have forgotten what this dish name is. But there were octopus with lots of vegetables. It was alright, considering that I'm not a big fan of veggie.

And these ..

Were our main dishes.
Mas and i had our ribeye steak while brother opted for crispy duck leg confit. Wasn't expecting much from my brother's dish because I don't usually take anything that has to do with duck, but this dish was definitely good. The skin was so crispy and the meat wasn't that rough too. The steak was pretty good and for someone who doesn't really fancy potato, it was really better than what I expected.

Then look at what my sweetest brother and Mas did to surprise me.
 Chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream as my dessert and 'birthday cake' which I didn't have because I was in bangkok during my birthday. So .. I did make a birthday wish in front of a candle this year haha.

I love the food served in this restaurant especially for their foie gras. Not forgetting that the waiters and waitresses were extremely friendly too. All of them kept a smile at all times and joked around with us.

Taking a minute to appreciate what I have, and I'm really thankful for all these. 
Thankyou Mas and brother for this treat, love you guiz.