Thursday, May 10, 2012

happiness

I just have to blog about today. Not because there is something major or I was out, but just to express my thanks and gratitude to have all these lovely people in my life.

Initially, today didn't start well as I was feeling unwell and school was extremely boring. I had a flu throughout the entire lesson and felt super sleepy. But everything got better. I received random messages today and a special call from somebody which totally made my day.

Firstly, Monica randomly sent me a beautiful rainbow photo from whatsapp which instantly lifted up my mood. So here I am sharing with all of you this pretty rainbow and hope it is able to turn anybody's bad day to a good one like how it did for me.

Followed by, charmaine sending me a sweet text that made me smile before I had my nap.
Speaking which, I'm really so lucky because it always rains during my nap time!

And then, just few minutes ago, someone called me. It was an unknown number. I picked up, and there was this really sweet voice but refused to tell me who she was. So I was like 'hello hello? did you call the wrong number' and things like that till I recognized that .............. It was Jamie. You should have seen my excited and surprised face, I literally leaped out of my bed because the last person I expect who would call me is Jamie. She called me from Australia and it was such a pleasant surprise, the perfect way to end today. I was so elated, close to tears because I miss this girl so much. I really can't wait for her to be back. Had a lil chat with her, laughed here and there, catching up a lil bit and now I just can't wait for December to come. :-)

Apart from today, there are also other stuff that made me happy lately. For example, I started chatting with junyang (and this time, it does feel like I'm back in sec 1), I caught up with huiying, Cynthia got into hiphop, I met up with two primary school friends (Nicholas and Shawn), I started talking to Shaf (Nearly lost contact), I had a lil chat with Joy and Shannon (neighbours that I haven't talked to in ages because we didn't really keep in contact) and the list goes on.

A few people asked me recently about what makes me happy so I shall list down a few things (not in order)!

1) When my friends and family are happy
2) When I buy/share stuff/food for my love ones
3) When I have food like; sim tofu HAHA, chocolates and so on
4) When I throw surprises and when I receive surprises (I am a big fan of surprises)
5) When I get my materialistic wants
6) When I bake (I just realised that it makes me happy so it's my new hobby now!)
7) When I swim
8) When I golf
9) When I spend time with my love ones
10) When I catch up with friends
11) When I actually do count my blessings.
12) When I successfully cheer my friend up

I think I've mentioned it on my twitter before that the happiest and best moment in my life is when I successfully throw surprises, when I buy/share stuff and food for my love ones, when I receive sweet texts and surprises.Their smiles are priceless and when they're happy, naturally I'm happy too. And  when your friends are sad, what can make you feel more accomplished then being able to make them smile again? But I find this extremely challenging since I always suck at cheering people up.

Not everyday is a good day, and not everything will go as smoothly as what we planned, but I have to say that in these past few years, months, weeks and days, if I don't have my best friend and my AI friends, if I don't have all those friends I've made throughout these years, if I don't have SIM girls (Stephanie, Stefanie, Marcella, Wanqi, Esther, Alicia, Yenting, Shannaz) by my side, I think my life would be way too boring and I would be a really sad person no matter how positive I wish I am.
Eternally grateful that I have all these wonderful people around me and hope it stays this way. Sometimes, I feel like I'm not good enough and don't deserve all these awesome people but putting negative mind aside, I am praying hard that I won't lose any of them.